If you’ve not tried couscous, you may wonder what it is. Answer: I have no idea. But the slightly sweet Moroccan version of the dish was the only thing in the entirety of my school lunch hall’s repertoire that was slightly palatable, so I decided to try and mimic it. I like having a little bowl of this in conjunction with a tossed salad (lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, chorizo, tomatoes, etc mixed up in a large bowl and covered with honey-mustard dressing) to provide a bit of heat and carbs 🙂
- Put some couscous in a bowl and stir in some cinnamon
- Stir in raisins and cranberries
- Pour in boiling water as per the instructions on the back of the couscous – it’ll look like there’s far too much water, but it’s ok.
- Cover the bowl with a plate and leave for about 5 minutes.
- Fluff it up with a fork to break it up.