I’ve got a couple of recipes that I want to try which require bananas… but this recipe is just so yummy that I never get around to trying them! Serves about 10 people – cut off a slice and heat up in the microwave or toaster (if it’s firm enough) if you’re not eating it straight out of the oven.
175g caster sugar
2 large eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed
225g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp milk
- Beat all ingredients until well blended (about 2 minutes).
- Lightly grease a 900g (2lb) loaf tin, and line with baking parchment.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the surface.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 180oC/Fan 160oC for about one hour, until well-risen and golden, and a toothpick put in centre comes out clean. If it’s browning too quickly (check after half an hour), then cover with silver foil.
- Leave to cool in tin for a few minutes, then turn out, peel off the parchment, and finish cooling on a wire rack.