Better than the storebought ones, in my humble opinion.
For the cookie:
160g plain flour
8tbsp cocoa powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
140g room-temperature butter
1 large egg
- Mix the dry ingredients with an electric mixer, then, on low speed, add butter and then the egg
- Continue until dough comes together in a mass.
- Take rounded teaspoons of the dough and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet approximately two inches apart. With moistened hands, slightly flatten the dough.
- Bake for 9 minutes at 190oC.
- Set baking sheets on a rack to cool.
260g icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk (if required)
- Place butter in a mixing bowl, and at low speed, gradually beat in the sugar and vanilla.
- Turn the mixer on high and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until filling is light and fluffy.
To assemble the cookies
- Spoon teaspoon-sized blobs of cream into the center of one cookie.
- Place another cookie, equal in size to the first, on top of the cream.
- Lightly press, to work the filling evenly to the outsides of the cookie.