These don’t actually taste like gingerbread. These are, however, incredibly delicious.
85g demerara sugar
4 tbsp golden syrup
1 level tsp baking powder
1 heaped tsp ground ginger
1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Cream butter and sugar then add other ingredients, mixing well to form a firm dough.
- Form into balls, then roll in caster sugar.
- Place 3 inches apart on greased trays.
- Bake for 10 minutes at gas mark 6 / 200oC, until golden.
- Cool slightly on tray before removing to a wire rack to cool.