These are a pretty fun and yummy alternative to basic sugar or gingerbread cookies if you’re wanting to make shapes.
110g brown sugar
67g granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg yolk
320g plain flour
150g small dark choc chips
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in egg yolk.
- Gradually beat in flour.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half; cover. Chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- Roll half of the dough to about ¼ inch thickness between two sheets of greasproof paper, then remove the top sheet and cut into shapes or roll into balls.
- Put on an ungreased baking tray, then chill for 10 minutes and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in a preheated gas mark 4 oven for about 10 minutes (golden brown)
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.