Also known as the best brownies ever, these are just the right stage of fudgy goodness, don’t require too much chocolate, and are easily customisable with a handful of raspberries (delicious), and/or white or milk chocolate chips. Very good. The Quest for the Perfect Brownie has definitely been won. Either eat cold, or heat up and serve with some whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.
(Makes 16-20 med-large brownies)
56g chopped dark chocolate
6 tbsp cocoa powder
300g white sugar + 100g musvocado (/400g white)
3 large eggs
1.5 tsp vanilla
130g plain flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
(Optional: 50g milk chocolate chips / raspberries)
- Melt butter and chocolate.
- Whisk in, one at a time, cocoa, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and flour.
- Stir in chocolate chips if using.
- Lightly butter a silicone pan, or line a 9″ square baking pan with aluminium foil, and lightly butter it. Let excess foil hang over the edges.
- Pour batter into the pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle salt over the top, and swirl it into the batter with a butter knife.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at gas mark 4 / 180oC, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with just a little batter coating it.
- Cool at room temperature for an hour, then refrigerate for an hour or until firm. Cut and remove from pan.