A nice, basic carrot soup. The soy and chilli flakes give it a bit of a kick and make it interesting.
2 brown onions, diced
500g carrots, peeled and chopped
1 x 400g tin tomatoes
pinch dried chilli flakes
2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- Heat 4 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan and cook onion over a medium heat until soft and just starting to brown.
- Add carrots, tomato, chilli and 3 cups of water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until carrots are tender, approx 20 minutes.
- Process until smooth with a stick blender or food processor.
- Add 2 tbsp soy and taste. Season with salt, pepper and extra soy if needed.
(Recipe from theStoneSoup)