After working in a butcher’s during my last year of high school, I think I’ve reason to be wary of sausages. But after checking the ingredients on the back of the higher-quality brand in Waitrose, it seems there are some that are made of more than fat and OFFAL. These taste goood, but be wary of adding more spice than specified, or else they can get quite spicy!
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
3 tbsp orange marmalade
2 tbsp sunflower oil
500g potatoes, scrubbed (/sweet potatoes)
4 small onions
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground coriander
- Mix the ketchup, marmalade, and half of the oil; brush over sausages and leave to stand while preparing potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges. Toss in a mixture of the remaining oil and the spices.
- Place the potatoes in a large roasting tin and bake for 15 minutes at 200oC / gas mark 6.
- Divide the onions into eighths, and the carrots into large chunks.
- Remove from oven, turn the wedges over, and tuck sausages and root veg between them.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.