None of your crêpy English nonsense here 😉
(makes 12 – enough for 2/3)
115g self-raising flour
1 tbsp caster sugar
Knobs of butter for melting
Honey / Syrup / Jam to serve
- Sift the flour and sugar into a bowl; make a deep dent in the mixture and add the egg and a little of the milk.
- Beat the egg and milk with a wooden spoon, gradually mixing in the flour and adding milk until you’ve got a smooth, thick batter.
- Use a pastry brush to brush melted butter onto a large frying pan and heat on medium heat.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto the hot pan, leaving space between them.
- Cook for a few minutes until the surface starts to bubble and the bottoms are browned, then flick them over to cook the other side.