Basically, this is ganache icing which has been left to completely solidify. An easy dessert… just not one for anyone counting their calories!
(makes about 35)
175ml double cream
225g chocolate (either dark or a mix of dark and milk)
Cocoa powder/ icing sugar / hot chocolate powder for rolling
- Bring the cream to a boil in a saucepan
- Break the chocolate into small chunks and add it in, removing from the heat
- Stir until melted, then leave to cool – an hour at room temperature then an hour in the fridge should work
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out bitesize pieces, than roll in your covering of choice.
- Place on greaseproof paper and put in fridge to set.