Not really sure what to call these… possibly something akin to a blondie, but really just chewy cookie cuboids. For some reason both my flatmates thought they tasted of nuts, though no nuts were involved. Yummy, anyway 🙂
(makes about 16-20 depending on how big you want them)
260g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
170g unsalted butter, softened
165g brown sugar
100g white sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
200g mixed milk and dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170oC
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla, mixing until they are fully incorporated.
- Add flour mixture, and beat until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to a roasting /brownie/swiss roll tin and press to flatten, covering the bottom of the pan. Bake until the edges are brown and top is golden, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool, 15 to 20 minutes.