I LOVE MALTESER CAKE.
It’s so very, very tasty.
And also incredibly easy to make; took maybe 15 minutes from start to finish, plus cooling time.
Maltesers (I used about 200g, but you could get away with less)
Half a pack of digestive biscuits (approx. 250g)
200g milk chocolate, plus 100-200g for topping
3 tbsp golden syrup
- Smoosh (a very technical word, fyi) the digestives and a few of the Maltesers to smithereens – can do this in a food processor if you have one, but putting them in a few freezer bags and bashing them works, and is rather therapeutic.
- Melt 200g chocolate with the butter and syrup
- Mix the chocolate with the digestives, then add the Maltesers (adding the Maltesers before the chocolate mix has time to cool means that the chocolate melts off the Maltesers, which may or may not be something you’d want). This mix should be relatively moist – add some more melted syrup and butter if need-be.
- Press the mixture down in a tray (I used a swiss roll tin), and then cover with the remainder of the chocolate, melted.
- Pop it in the fridge, then cut and move to a tin when it’s cool.