This is delicious! Whipped it up to jazz up some vanilla ice-cream, and the leftover sauce kept in a jar in my fridge has since been regularly tempting me to partake of its chocolatey, fudgy goodness.
2/3 cup single or double cream
Half a cup of golden syrup
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
4 tbsp cocoa powder
0.25 tsp salt
150g dark chocolate
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the cream, syrup, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt and half of the chocolate to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low or low (enough to maintain a low simmer), and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining chocolate, the butter, and the vanilla extract, stirring until smooth.
- Let cool for 20 to 30 minutes before using (it will thicken as it cools).
- Store in a jar or airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. To reheat, microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until it’s pourable but still thick.
(via Brown Eyed Baker)