If you’ve got some excess camembert left over from a seasonal cheese-board, and some cranberry sauce, this is a delicious way to use it up. Make the garlic-oil and the caramelised onions at the same time, then heat the oven up for the pizza.
(enough for a generous 1-person serving; doubling it would make enough for 3)
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp wine
Herbs, fresh if possible, if not 1/2 tsp dried basil would do
- Heat the oil and butter until melted and sauté the garlic
- Add the other ingredients and simmer for 10-15 minutes
good slug of oil
1 onion, sliced thinly
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat up the oil in a large frying frying pan over a low heat.
- Spread the onions and scatter the sugar over it.
- Cook slowly, turning occasionally, until softened and darkened – about 20 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir until mostly evaporated.
Roll out some basic pizza dough (which, for some reason, always tastes better after some time in the freezer), and top with the oil, the caramelised onions, slices of Camembert, and dods of cranberry sauce. Bake until the dough has cooked – about 10 minutes at 220oC.