Not much to say other than tasty tasty tasty. Generic bean mix can be used with tacos, nachos, or tortillas. If the latest, you can make them yourself *really easily and cheaply*. And yes, I acknowledge that tortillas may only be 6 for £1 but look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves! The trick is just to have them all rolled out beforehand, otherwise you could end up with a kitchen full of smoke. I definitely didn’t forget to roll them out beforehand and ended up with a kitchen full of smoke. Absolutely not. No sirr-ee.
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp paprika (optional)
1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup water minus 1 tbsp (basically, put the tbsp of oil into the half-cup then fill up to the line with water)
- Mix together; add a little more flour if necessary until it forms into a ball
- Divide into 4 or 6 mini-balls and roll out on a floured surface into large, thin circles
- Heat an ungreased griddle or large frying pan over a high heat and cook each tortilla individually for a couple of minutes on either side.
1 onion, diced
1 tomato / handful cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 cup black beans
1/2 cup water
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp cumin
Few turns of a pepper grinder
1 tsp honey, quickly heated in the microwave
1 tsp lime juice
- Cook the onion in some oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Once softened, add the tomatoes, black beans, and water and stir. Cook for 5 mins.
- Stir together all the spices then add and cook for another 5 minutes
- Mix the heated honey and lime juice together then stir in.
Serve with avocados, grated cheddar, etc…