While for years I could not abide the thought of a ‘hot’ food being consumed cold, I have slowly overcome this aversion and can safely say that this makes a very tasty lunch. It keeps for several days in the fridge. I’ve left the quantities vague so you can adjust to the number of people or days that you’re making it for.
2 cloves garlic
Red onion, chopped as fine as you’d like
Handful parsley, cut up small
Cherry tomatoes, quartered
Red pepper, chopped
Cubes of feta cheese
Handful of pumpkin seeds
Shake lemon juice
Wee bit of mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the pasta in a pan of lightly salted boiling water and cook until slightly al dente
- Meanwhile, heat the garlic gently in a little oil then add a little more and allow to infuse.
- Meanwhile, soften the onion.
- When the pasta is cooked, rinse through in cold water to stop it from cooking any more. Drain.
- Stir everything together, with enough mayo and oil to lightly coat it.