Sometimes in life there are courgettes to be eaten and nobody that likes courgettes about. I don’t really like courgettes, but figure that I shouldn’t limit my choices any more than I already do with meat avoidance. So apart from pea and courgette fritters, which I love, these are another tasty way to use them up. I may use less chunky breadcrumbs next time though…
1 egg white
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp cornflour (makes these crispier)
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 220°. Grease a baking tray.
- Cut courgettes into 3-inch sticks.
- Whisk an egg white in a small bowl, and add milk.
- Combine parmesan, cornflour, and seasoned breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
- Dip courgette sticks into egg mixture, and then roll in breadcrumb mixture then place on baking tray.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden brown.
Bonus recipes: slightly less-messy fries:
Carrot: Toss thick slices of carrots in a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook at 200oC for 12 minutes or so.
Green beans: If using frozen, leave at room temperature for a few hours to defrost and dry with some kitchen towel. Grease baking pan then evenly distribute beans. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and parmesan-style cheese over the top. Bake at 215oC for 15 minutes or so.