I’ve never liked leeks, but actually when they are fried crispily with some smushed potatoes they are pretty delicious! Tastes good fresh from the pan, but also good cold in a tupperware for leftover lunch.
(serves 2 as main or 4 as side without tuna)
500g small potatoes, chopped to 1/4 cup size
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
1 leek, dark green parts discarded, cut into 0.5cm rings
2 cloves garlic, diced
Handful cherry tomatoes
Handful basil leaves
Tin of tuna
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- [this part can be done hours or a day before] Steam potatoes until tender (approx 20 minutes).
- Cool then smush the potatoes with your hand.
- Heat the oil over a medium-high heat in a wok/skillet.
- Throw in the potatoes and season.
- Cook until turning brown (8-10 minutes).
- Add all of the other ingredients, and toss 4 minutes until golden and soft.