This is a fairly simple but delicious and (if I say so myself) impressive-looking nibbly-platter option.
2 x pre-rolled puff pastry sheets, cut into circles as large as possible if they are not already in circles
2 tbsp mild mustard
200g cream cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Keeping the pastry on the baking paper it comes in, roll it out and place it onto a baking sheet.
- Spread out the mustard and cream cheese, then top with grated cheddar.
- Prick the second sheet with a fork and place on top of the first one.
- Put a glass in the centre of the pastry and press lightly. Cut the pastry into about 32 strips (ending at the glass mark so it stays together) then twist each.
- Brush with egg then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes