Throwback to my PACA-summer, this is a Nicoise market delicacy now sold at vastly inflated price to the swarms of tourists in the area. You’re meant to make it in a massively hot pan and then break it up into chunks, but a home version is as follows – I served with some slow-cooked peppers in a tomato sauce.
For 2 people – multiply or divide as necessary
125g gram flour (chickpea flour)
1.5 tbsp olive oil
0.5 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven for 15 minutes at 275oC / the maximum you can.
- Mix the flour, salt, and olive oile and add the water little by little, whisking constantly to avoid lumps.
- Pour the mixture onto a well-oiled tray, thinning so it is not more than 3mm.
- Cook for 2 minutes then turn the oven to grill and cook for a further 7 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and cut into portions, covering with pepper to taste.