I love using Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce as an easy way of spicing up stirfries, but hadn’t realised how simple it was to make. Perfect for using up a lingering few chillies if you’ve bought a pack and not quite gotten round to using them all!
2 red chillies (seeds optional)
2 cl garlic
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp cornflour
- Blend the water, chillies, garlic and sugar together in a food processor.
- Place the mixture in a saucepan and cook gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour in a little water until it is a paste.
- Once the chilli mixture has thickened a little, season it and add the cornflour mix.
- Cook for a further 3-4 minutes then allow to cool.
- Keep in fridge.