I love having people round or participating in large nibbling dinners, where everyone brings a little dish or two and you eat far too much in tasting all the different flavours – and tapas is perfect for this. Sometimes it can be hard to find veggie options but this one is delicious to mix in with salad or on little bread.
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cl garlic, minced
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Slice the courgettes finely (about 0.5cm) lengthwise – I found the easiest way to do this was to use a peeler
- Add oil to a large pan over a high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add some of the courgette slices – not too much.
- Cook on medium/high until slices are golden brown, almost charred
- Rest the slices on paper towels and repeat until all the slices are cooked.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl to make a dressing.
- Line the bottom of a tupperware (pref. glass) with courgette slices and drizzle with a little of the dressing. Continue layering until all the slices are used.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate for a few hours – serve cold.