Aka ice pops, popsicles (US), ice block (NZ)… Given summer seems to have fled from us faster than a skinny dipper whose clothes have been stolen while they bathed, this recipe may not be entirely on point, but at the same time the peaches in this part of the world are about to be abundant, and if yours have been hanging around the fruit bowl for a little too long, this is a perfect way of using them up.
Equipment required: moulds
400g peaches (about 3 medium), peeled and sliced into 1cm wedges
6 tbsp honey, divided
2 cups plain yoghurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with silicone or parchment paper and preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Toss the peaches with 2 tbsp honey and place on the baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for about 30 minutes until soft and juicy.
- Blend together the yoghurt, rest of the honey, lemon juice, and vanilla extract, then refrigerate while the peaches cook.
- Let the peaches cool, then scrape the peaches and all of their juices into the bowl of yoghurt. Gently fold together.
- Insert into lolly moulds and freeze for at least 4 hours.